Thursday, April 15, 2010

Don't Stop, Don't Give Up....

This is my "crafting" theme song borrowed from "Yo Gabba Gabba" (Hey, I have a two year old!)

Don't stop, don't give up
Don't stop, don't give up

Don't stop, don't stop
You'll get it right. you'll get it right
Don't stop, don't stop
You'll get it right. you'll get it right

Keep trying, keep trying
Don't give up, never give up
Keep trying, keep trying
You'll get it right, you'll get it right
From the words of the song, you may have guessed that I seem to make a lot of mistakes when learning a new craft.  But thankfully, I am a stubborn and determined girl and I don't give up easily.

For example, it has been a few years since I have knitted anything. Well, since I have started cloth diapering Little Man, I've been bitten by the knitting bug. I decided I wanted to knit a wool soaker using the Tiny Bird Organics pattern. I didn't think I needed to refresh myself on the basic knit/purl technique, so I started right away in the ribbing pattern for the waistband. Well, I forgot that when you knit/purl, you are supposed the bring the yarn over to switch. I brought it under, which doesn't even make since.I knitted, tore it out, and knitted again doing that same thing probably 10 times. My hubby joked and said that I could go into business making pencil cozies because1/2 inch was as far in distance as I ever got before I'd rip it out again. I finally looked online to see what I was doing wrong (Thank you Google!) and fixed my error. I'm so glad I didn't give up. Here is my finished soaker.


Turned out pretty decent. So what if I accidentally shrunk it in the felting process so that it is too small for Little Man. At least it's finished! (Except the leg cuffs. I figured "what's the point" since it won't fit.)

I love designing and creating new things, and even if I'm a little clumsy at my attempts right now, I know that practice makes perfect. Or at least that's what they say.

So this blog is a little glimpse into my "studio" as I learn new crafts and probably make a lot of mistakes along the way. I will share with you all the things I learn so you can learn along with me.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment