Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My first fleece soaker!

I bought some adorable dinosaur fleece from Hobby Lobby the other day and made a cute soaker for Little Man using this pattern. It took me several attempts to get it right, but it was well worth it. Little Man wore it over his prefold and hemp double last night, and the sheets were perfectly dry this morning!


I purchased a 1/2 yard of the anti-pill fleece from Hobby Lobby. It is normally priced $9.99 per yard, but was 30% off. I think I can get about 2 more soakers from the fleece. That comes to less than $1.25 per soaker. Awesome!

A tip I'd like to share...the pattern instructs for you to sew the waistband and leg cuffs on the outside of the main body, but because they are so much smaller, it creates a wavy seam. I like to sew them from the inside and stretch them to the size of the opening when sewing. That way I can have a smooth seam. I can't wait to make a bunch more and maybe even try some applique on the bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment