Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What to do with that tail!

I am new at using a serger, so I wasn't sure what to do with the thread tail that is left when you are finished (since you can't back-stitch). After doing some internet research, I found several options.

The best, yet most time consuming way, is to use a needle to pull the tail under your seams to hide it. Click here for a picture tutorial.

Some other suggestions were to tie the threads into a knot and dab a little Fray Check or Fray Block on them. Or, if your seams are running over each other, you can just snip the threads and dab with a little Fray Check or Fray Block.

With the wipes I just made, I hid the tail on the larger wipes and snipped it on the smaller ones. I'll update this post after they've been used and washed for a little while, and I'll let you know how the corners are holding up.

Update: They have been through a lot of washes on hot, and dried on low heat and I can't tell a difference. They all seem to be holding up just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment