Monday, May 17, 2010

T-Shirt Pants

I have been making a lot of stuff for Little Man lately, and I didn't want Buddy to feel left out, so I decided to make him some t-shirt pants to wear around the house. I found an old gray t-shirt of mine to use for the fabric. I traced a pair of his pants to use as a pattern. I kind of messed up on the waist band. I originally was going to use elastic, but the thread was too loose when I sewed the jersey so it didn't look good on outside of the pants. So instead I did a hidden seam waist band. I had to curve in the top of the pants to make the waist fit, so it kind of looks like there are pockets. The gray was a little plain, so I appliqued a star on one leg.


And he absolutely loves them!


If you want to make your own pants, here is a great tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment