Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Spring Line...

Maybe someday I can launch a line of baby clothes, but for now, I will just clothe my precious little one. My goal has been to make Little Man an entire outfit consisting of knitted shorties, an appliqued shirt, cloth shoes and a matching bib. Well, here is my first outfit. Ta-da!



I found the cute chocolate brown fabric with green, orange and blue polka dots at JoAnn's. I decided this would be my color scheme.
 
I found green and orange wool yarn for cheap also at JoAnn's. It is a little scratchy, so I decided to just use it for my accent stripes. I splurged and bought Malabrigo Merino in Chocolate Brown for the main body. It is so nice and soft!


I used the polka dot fabric to make an applique in the shape of an elephant on a white t-shirt. I then used the same fabric to make cloth baby shoes following this pattern. I used 2 layers of brown felt for the soles.

And lastly, the bib. It is made with the polka dot fabric on the front and chocolate brown minky on the back. It has a matching brown snap closure.

Here are a couple modeling shots of Little Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment